Innovative Refrigeration Systems, Inc. is looking for dedicated, detail-oriented Mechanical Design Engineers to join our expanding office in Lyndhurst, VA. As a Mechanical Design Engineer you will be provided with the training and job experience necessary to advance into a leadership role as you progress within the organization. Mechanical Design Engineers provide Project Managers with innovative designs and bills of materials needed to successfully complete each project.
What you can expect in the Mechanical Design Engineer role:
- Using AutoCAD, design mechanical rooms, rooftop penthouses, piping systems, etc. associated with industrial refrigeration systems for cold storage warehouses.
- Build Bills of Materials (BOM) for each design and enter the datea into Epicor (ERP system)
- Collaborate with shop foremen and VP of Manufacturing for design changes and problem-solving
- Work with Buyers on material orders
- Communicate with vendors on part specification and fabrication
- Other duties as assigned by the Project Manager
What you need to be successful:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- EIT license preferred
- PE license a plus (company is willing to offer assistance to candidates wishing to obtain their PE License)
- Prefer 2 years experience in industrial design or other construction related fields. Recent college graduates are also encouraged to apply.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Strong knowledge of AutoCAD Preferred
- Health Insurance: Company pays 75% of the monthly premiums for employees and their families
- Dental Insurance
- Competitive vacation & holiday pay
- Supplemental insurance available (Aflac)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: Company matches dollar-for-dollar up to 15%
- Short-term and Long-term disability coverage after one year of employment
- Accidental death/dismemberment coverage after one year of employment
- Life insurance coverage after one year of employment