Nationwide Industrial Refrigeration Company is looking for a Pipe Fitter/Welder. This position offers a yearly income of $67,000-$87,000 + per diem! This person will be responsible for various types of weld preparation, welding and weld finishing operations to manufacture product to customer drawings, specifications, or other forms of instruction. Advancement opportunities are available.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pass a 6G weld test within first week of employment (tested on 2" schedule 80 steel, stick, 60/10 root, 70/18 cap - uphill weld 45 degree angle)
- Have experience with open route welding (no insert)
- Have the ability to position weld
- Be able to fit his or her own pipe
- Be able to weld a minimum of 50 diameter inches in 8 hours
- Preferably have experience with either high pressure pipe, steam line or gas line, or process pipe welding
- Must be able to pass a 6G Weld test within first week of employment (Test is on 2" schedule 80 steel stick 60/10 root, 70/18 cap; pipe is beveled)
- Prefer a minimum of 2 years industrial pipe welding experience
- Extensive Nationwide travel required (typical tour is from the Tuesday of 1st week to the Thursday of 2nd week, with 12 hour days)
- Must have a valid driver’s license, and be capable of driving up to 10 hours, and able to operate industrial lifts
- Ability to see and hear industrial equipment moving around the job site.
- Capable of working alone up to 12 hours carrying out assigned tasks
- Capable of lifting 75lbs frequently during the day
- Must be able to stand, stoop bend, kneel and squat, work at heights and climb ladders throughout the day for extended periods of time
- Requires working in very hot (above 100F) or very cold (below 10F) temperatures and the ability to wear all required safety PPE in these conditions.
- Position requires pre-employment drug screening, criminal background screening, and driving record check. If you have had a DUI within the past 5 years you will not be hired.
- Must be willing to help the jobsite team out in the following areas: insulation, electrical, and painting
- Must be familiar with rigging, torch cutting, grinder & wire wheel operation, leveling, and use of measurement tools
- Health Insurance: Company pays 75% of monthly premiums for employees and their families
- Dental Insurance
- Competitive vacation & holiday pay
- Supplemental insurance available
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: Company matches dollar-for-dollar up to 15%
- Short-term and Long-term disability coverage after one year of employment
- Accidental death/dismemberment coverage after one year of employment
- Life insurance coverage after one year of employment
- Travel, travel time, lodging, per diem, company paid